Experiences are usually an hour in length and will give any human whether young or old, male or female the opportunity to become a mermaid or merman.
For safety reasons
Humans wanting to undertake any Experience or Class must be at least six years of age and be able to complete the following without support from the instructor, swimming/buoyancy aids or the pool floor or wall (you will be assessed on this at the beginning of the session):
- Swim 25metres comfortably
- Be able to submerge your face fully whilst swimming
- Be able to tread water in both shallow and deep water
- Be able to lift your knees and turn 360degrees in both directions
- Be able to demonstrate a basic dolphin kick for 5 metres
The above will be assessed before every experience and start of term and should they not be able to achieve the above requirements will not be able to complete the experience.
These sessions will take place in a swimming pool with a qualified Instructor. During the session you will learn the safety mermaid skills, the basic mermaid movements, poolside and dry side mermaid poses, the opportunity to have some underwater photos (location and time dependent), as well as partaking in some mermaid games.