Mental health should be valued as much as physical health.
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is a suite of courses which helps give people the knowledge and skills to identify, understand and most importantly help somebody who may be having a mental health issue.
We are not teaching you to be a therapist, a doctor or a psychologist. BUT we will teach you to listen, reassure and help even in a crisis. You never know, maybe you can stop the crisis from happening.
All of our courses help recognise the warning signs of mental ill health and develop the skill and confidence to approach, support and guide people while staying safe,
We offer three courses depending upon your own, or organisations, needs:
Level 1 – Award in Awareness of First Aid for Mental Health
- This half a day course offers people an oversight of mental health first aid, the support we as individuals can give each other and how to support people who may be in crisis.
- This course is the ideal course for the majority of the workforce to attend to enable the difficult conversations to start more openly and freely.
Level 2 – Award in First Aid for Mental Health
- This one day course builds upon the Level 1 course (although you do not need to complete it first) and offers more training around identifying varying mental health conditions and how to support them.
- This course is more aimed at Team Leaders and Supervisors, although, this is not a requirement at all!
Level 3 – Supervising or Leading First Aid for Mental Health
- This two day course continues to build upon the Level 2 course and is aimed at the management in an organisation – those who make, implement and oversee policies and procedures. Again, the Level 2 course is not a pre-requisite!
- It continues to build upon the knowledge of the Level 1 and 2 courses and helps managers deal with most mental health conditions they may find within the work place while also thinking about how to make their workplace more open and accessible to all.