Our Swim Courses will cover how to put on the tail, how to enter and exit the water, be able to move safely in the water, basic breath holding and some mermaid skills work which will lead to basic routines.
We then continue to progress throughout the lessons, building on the skills already learnt but also teaching more complicated movements including team work and core strengthening. Our lessons run out of the Castle View Community and Fitness Centre and Thornhill School. With enrolments taking place every half term.
For safety reasons
Humans wanting to undertake any Experience or Class must be at least six years of age and be able to complete the following without support from the instructor, swimming/buoyancy aids or the pool floor or wall (you will be assessed on this at the beginning of the session):
- Swim 25 metres comfortably
- Be able to submerge your face fully whilst swimming
- Be able to tread water in both shallow and deep water
- Be able to lift your knees and turn 360 degrees in both directions
- Be able to demonstrate a basic dolphin kick for 5 metres
The above will be assessed before every experience and start of term and should they not be able to achieve the above requirements will not be able to complete the experience.