You’ll need to make sure you’ve met the following requirements before you attend your course:
- Be at least 16 years of age at point of assessment
- Be able to swim 50 metres in less than 60 seconds
- Be able to swim 100 metres continuously on front and back in deep water
- Be able to surface dive and recover an object from the deepest part of the pool
- Be able to tread water for 30 seconds
- Be able to climb out the deepest part of the pool without the use of steps where the design permits this.
Learners must have all pre-requisites in place before the start of the course. Qualification certificates cannot be issued if all pre-requisites are not met before the start of the course.
For support with regards to additional needs please see our Reasonable Adjustment policy and contact us for support.
To be able to access and engage in this course you may need the following if it is being delivered remotely in part:
- A computer, laptop, tablet or phone for viewing and editing documents (Word or equivalent, PDF)
- A computer, laptop, tablet or phone sharing and uploading documents
- A computer, laptop, tablet or phone which can access Zoom or equivalent and has access to a microphone and camera – which must be enabled throughout any remote teaching
- Pen, paper, notepad as needed.
This course includes a variety of assessment methods as detailed below:
- Tutor Assessment – completion of practical elements before external assessment.
- Multi-choice question paper
- External Assessment – practical observation of water work, CPR and first aid skills by an external assessor.
All practical elements must be completed and performed independently by the learner without prompting by the tutor.
The skills within the course and during the assessments must be performed in line with the most current version of the RLSS UK NPLQ manual.
The multiple-choice assessment paper must be completed in exam conditions, with the tutor or other approved person, acting as the invigilator. Learners must achieve a minimum mark or higher to successfully pass the multi-choice assessment paper. All learning outcomes and assessment criteria in the units must be achieved in order for the learner to be deemed competent and pass the course.
While we hope this wont apply to anybody we are aware that sometimes nerves get the better of us! Where this is the case if a learner is unsuccessful of any part of the assessment process they will only have to re-sit the required element. If this is on the multi choice question paper then only the specific units that have been failed will need to be resat, not the whole paper.
Resits must take place within 6 weeks of the fail and incur a minimum charge of £25.
Payment Plan and Invoicing
Payment plans are available for all courses ran by in at the deep end!
If you would prefer we invoice and employer please contact us with the relevant information and we can arrange this for you.
No course materials will be supplied until a purchase order has been received.
Flexible monthly payments are available via GoCardless for a set fee of £10 and £1 per payment.
As an example somebody who had a course total of £275 and wished to pay over 5 instalments would pay £58 per month. This is made up of the £275 fee, £10 admin charge and £5 monthly payment fees giving a total of £290.
The following additional terms and conditions apply to flexible payments
- Failed payments will be subject to a £7.50 admin fee
- Places will be reserved once payment plan is set up via GoCardless
- A minimum of £75 must have been paid before course materials will be sent out
- The full and final payment must be made before submission of your work for certification
- Refunds will be processed in accordance with our Booking Documents and additional information below. Any refunds will be minus the £10 admin fee and £1 per transaction fee
- Any chargebacks to direct debits result in removal from course and a £25 admin fee to re-join.