As this course is intended for those who already hold the STA Level 2 Award in Pool Plant Operations in order to successfully revalidate it candidates must complete the following within 28 days of the current expiration date:
- Submit a recording of a suitable water and Ph test via Zoom, Teams or equivalent
- Complete a multi-choice assessment paper.
The skills within the course and during the assessments must be performed in line with the most current version of the STA Pool Plant Operator resource manual.
The multiple-choice assessment paper must be completed in exam conditions, with the tutor or other approved person, acting as the invigilator. Learners must achieve a minimum mark or higher to successfully pass the multi-choice assessment paper. All learning outcomes and assessment criteria in the units must be achieved in order for the learner to be deemed competent and pass the course.
Remote Multi-choice assessments?
Some of our courses include remote multi choice question papers via a system called Cirrus. Where this is the case you also must ensure the following ready at your allocated assessment slot. Failure to do so will result in a resit fee of £50:
- Stable internet connection
- Working webcam or laptop camera – note a mobile device or tablet will not work
- The most up to date version of Chrome with Admin rights available for the device
- Mic, speaker or headset / earphones
- Photographic ID
- Calculators are permitted.
You can make notes on plain paper.
You will be sent an email confirming the data and time and be sent an email by IATDE with your username and password and the link to the online assessment.
Once logged in you will need to:
- Show your photo ID to the webcam (either passport or driving licence)
- Move the webcam around the room to ensure there are no additional items that will aid you in the assessment.
While we hope this wont apply to anybody we are aware that sometimes nerves get the better of us! Where this is the case if a learner is unsuccessful of any part of the assessment process they will only have to re-sit the required element. If this is on the multi choice question paper then only the specific units that have been failed will need to be resat, not the whole paper.
Resits must take place within 6 weeks of the fail and incur a minimum charge of £25.
You’ll need to make sure you’ve met the following requirements before you attend your course:
Learners must have all pre-requisites in place before the start of the course. Qualification certificates cannot be issued if all pre-requisites are not met before the start of the course.
For support with regards to additional needs please see our Reasonable Adjustment policy and contact us for support.
To be able to access and engage in this course you may need the following if it is being delivered remotely in part:
- A computer, laptop, tablet or phone for viewing and editing documents (Word or equivalent, PDF)
- A computer, laptop, tablet or phone sharing and uploading documents
- A computer, laptop, tablet or phone which can access Zoom or equivalent and has access to a microphone and camera – which must be enabled throughout any remote teaching
- Pen, paper, notepad as needed.
Payment Plan and Invoicing
Payment plans are available for all courses ran by in at the deep end!
If you would prefer we invoice and employer please contact us with the relevant information and we can arrange this for you.
No course materials will be supplied until a purchase order has been received.
Flexible monthly payments are available via GoCardless for a set fee of £10 and £1 per payment.
As an example somebody who had a course total of £275 and wished to pay over 5 instalments would pay £58 per month. This is made up of the £275 fee, £10 admin charge and £5 monthly payment fees giving a total of £290.
The following additional terms and conditions apply to flexible payments
- Failed payments will be subject to a £7.50 admin fee
- Places will be reserved once payment plan is set up via GoCardless
- A minimum of £75 must have been paid before course materials will be sent out
- The full and final payment must be made before submission of your work for certification
- Refunds will be processed in accordance with our Booking Documents and additional information below. Any refunds will be minus the £10 admin fee and £1 per transaction fee
- Any chargebacks to direct debits result in removal from course and a £25 admin fee to re-join.
Remote Water Test
In order to complete the practical pool water testing assessment candidates must have access to a pool water testing kit and pool water. The minimum requirements for the water testing kit are a photometer using the appropriate tablets. This element can be video recorded and submitted to the tutor, or completed via Teams / Zoom etc. Whichever method is used, however, it must allow for recording, have a suitable working camera and sound capabilities. The course tutor will explain the expectations to pass the practical assessment during the course.
The recordings must be submitted within 5 days of the completion of the course. This is so that certification is not held up for the rest of the course. Should they not be received in time candidates will fail and have to pay an admin fee to access via the resit route (fee for a resit is currently £25). Please see the ‘Assessment Information’ tab for more information.